To draw attention to this deadly disease, Breast Cancer Awareness Month features events and fundraisers that benefit cancer organizations. During October 2020, Matrix Home Solutions will stand behind the brave women fighting this disease by committing funds to the cause. We will donate $50 for every job we finish from October 1 to October 31. This money goes to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, which provides $150 to women in need to get a mammogram. We welcome new customers who want to contribute to research for the cause, prevention and treatment of breast cancer. Check out the sobering statistics and information on how you can help below.
Breast Cancer Awareness Facts
- According to the NBCF, approximately 12.5% of U.S. women will receive a breast cancer diagnosis; each woman has a one out of eight chance of getting breast cancer at some point in her life. This all-too-common disease has a devastating effect. In fact, 30% of cancer diagnoses in women will be breast cancer.
- Although events and fundraisers typically rally around the cause of women battling the disease, men may have a good reason to fight just as hard for a cure. Did you know that it’s not just women who get breast cancer? In rare cases, men can also get breast cancer. Over 2,600 men will receive a diagnosis for breast cancer in 2020, more than one in four will die.
- Breast cancer is tied to lung cancer as the most prevalent cancer affecting women. Hundreds of thousands of women all over the world receive the devastating news that they have breast cancer every year. Unfortunately, the disease will claim many lives until we find a cure. As the most common cancer among women, breast cancer affects both modern and emerging countries and rich and poor women alike.
Ready For Some Good News?
Over the past decade, coinciding with a reduction in hormone replacement therapy, Breast cancer in women over 50 has gradually decreased. However, there is still much work to do in order to find a cure and develop better treatment options.
- More good news — since 1990, death rates from cancer have steadily declined. We can thank early detection and continuous improvements in the technology and medicine available to treat breast cancer.
- You can make a donation or sign up for monthly donations to help women in need to get treatment and mammograms. You can even choose where your money goes. Volunteers are the lifeblood of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Spread the word on social media by hosting information about breast cancer awareness on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn. You can even manage a virtual fundraiser and send the proceeds to NBCF.
- Do you have a story of hope? Share the story of how breast cancer has impacted you and your loved ones.
- Everyone can show support by wearing a pink ribbon throughout the month of October.
Business Supporting Women in Illinois
Matrix Home Solutions is a proud business supporting women. Schedule an appointment with us today to start working on the home of your dreams, while also helping support women everywhere.