The Matrix Basement Finishing System includes a number of finishing components such as ceilings, walls, flooring, doors and trim, cabinets, electrical, painting, HVAC and plumbing systems. You choose the style and details you need to create a comfortable living space, and we do all the work to make it happen.
Make sure that you are comparing apples to apples when you get estimates from various companies. When we make proposals for the Matrix Basement Finishing System, our estimate includes high-quality workmanship, superior products, and materials sourced by our installation technicians.
Here’s the general process for designing, creating and delivery your Matrix basement remodel:
- Design your project. Our all-inclusive build process includes detailed designs with realistic estimates and financing options from several lenders. Our field managers include you in reviewing the plans and selecting the materials that will go into your basement refinishing. This will help you visualize the finished product and prepare for the installation.
- Get a quote. Our no-nonsense quotes include design and engineering efforts when required. We also handle permit submissions to license builders, electricians, plumbers and HVAC technicians. If any of these elements are not included, we state that plainly in our proposal.
- Choose a ceiling. Suspended ceilings require a metal frame and ceiling tiles the cover pipes, beams and other structures for aesthetic appeal. Stretch ceilings cost a little more but involve Polyvinyl chloride membrane tiles that form a 3D effect, which can create an artistic look for your basement studio or living area. If you want to paint the ceiling, drywall may be the best option. Keep in mind that this may make it more difficult to access wires, plumbing and anything else that goes above it. You can paint the drywall ceiling to match your decor for a cohesive look.
- Flooring Considerations. The National Institute of Building Sciences points out the importance of ensuring that concrete flooring supports moisture control and other factors. Matrix flooring systems include a wear layer to protect against scratches, resist stains and provide easy cleanup. The luxury vinyl print features exceptional durability, while the waterproof rigid core made of stone plastic composite provides stability on uneven subfloors. Additionally, the attached underlayment absorbs sounds and increases comfort underfoot.
- HVAC System. If you need to install an HVAC system for your basement refinishing, you need a company the provides fresh, clean and quiet ventilation. Licensed, insured Matrix technicians take government and local regulations into account when it comes time to calculate capacity and load balancing. We also pull any permits required to make the process as seamless as possible for homeowners.
- Matrix Custom Wall System. Wall installation options include conventional wood studs and drywall, wall panel systems or the Matrix Forever Wall System. With the Matrix Forever Wall System, you get energy-efficient, eco-friendly walls that resist moisture and create a thermal barrier in your refinished basement.
- Electrical and Plumbing. Depending on the scope of your Matrix Basement Finishing System, electrical and plumbing work may also be needed to enhance the livability of your renovation. From custom cabinets to appliances, we can provide advice and installation services to create a safe, beautiful basement.
- We clean up before we go. When you’re satisfied with your basement refinishing project. Our warehouse crew cleans up the job site to get the new space ready for your enjoyment. As a bonus, the Matrix limited lifetime warranty covers workmanship and materials on every project.
Book your basement remodel with Matrix today!